US Land Staff Landman
Employment Type: Employee
Job Reference #19-0030
WPX Energy is looking for a Landman Staff for our Williston asset team based out of our headquarters in Tulsa, OK.
- Independently responsible for conducting highly complex land work by researching and evaluating data to determine availability of land and/or leases for acquisition, development and/or divestiture.
- Coordinates with Federal, State and Indian Regulatory agencies for all exploration, development, and production issues to facilitate company drilling programs and production goals.
- Responsible for all land related functions in an assigned area including the review and approval of title for proposed drilling locations.
- Collaborates with internal WPX groups (Lease Records, Division Orders, Drilling/Completion, Marketing, Accounting/Finance, Regulatory and Planning) and external third-party operators and partners.
- Organizes and supervises efforts of outside lease brokers, contract landmen, regulatory attorneys and title attorneys.
- Oversees the title examination process and the resolution of title defects.
- Facilitates and oversees record checks and title examination by managing the due diligence associated with development programs, divestitures and acquisitions.
- Prepares, negotiates and reviews a wide variety of agreements including, communitization agreements, letter agreements, and acreage trades/swaps with third parties.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and mentor to others in the Land Department.
- Follows all external and internal federal, state, Indian and local policies and procedures related to land management function.
- URL: http://www.wpxenergy.com/careers/
- Period: Full Time
- Position Reports To: Land Manager
- Location: WPX Energy, Tulsa, OK
- Starts On: April 25, 2019, midnight
Education & Experience: Required Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years in Landman experience – prefer Bakken experience
Preferred: Energy Management or Energy Commerce Bachelor’s Degree
Certified Professional Landman is preferred
Travel Requirements: Up to 10% of the time to field locations (as needed)
WPX does not sponsor employment visas
Skills and Attributes – Sustained & Consistent Performance
• Demonstrates self-motivation, action oriented and seeks our and is driven by challenges to seize opportunities.
• Gains trust quickly with other parties to positively impact negotiations and agreements.
• Provides timely updates to manager and others on addressing tasks and assignments.
• Manages multiple projects, task and assignments in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Demonstrates planning, prioritizing, organizing and attention to detail skills and abilities.
• Strong, clear, concise, thorough communicator in writing and verbally in a timely manner with others
• Builds relationships and works well with internal/external WPX employees, contractors, vendors and government agencies to address any Land issues.
• Competent in all federal and state regulations regarding oil and gas leases, allottee leases and development of allotted and tribal minerals.
WPX Energy - will only accept resumes through their career site listed above
- Contact Method:
http://www.wpxenergy.com/careers/ Applicants will apply via our career site