HAPL SERVICE COMMITTEE ANNUAL BROOKWOOD SOFTBALL GAME
April 08, 2017
Houston Association of Professional Landmen
Bringing experience together with ambition to fuel the next generation of energy leaders
- Bridge the workforce experience gap by transferring knowledge, resources and life experiences.
- Provide guidance, advice and assistance in molding future oil & gas industry leaders in a systemized and personally tailored manner.
- Create lasting relationships for both Mentors and Mentees through meaningful two-way dialogue and interaction.
- Increase HAPL member engagement by providing young professionals and students direct access to successful industry leaders.
ROLE OF A MENTOR
- Serves as a knowledgeable and enthusiastic role model; coaching, challenging and inspiring Mentees.
- Provides support, encouragement and wise counsel; confidentially listens to problems or concerns and offers feedback and advice.
- Serves as a resource person and confidant, sharing critical knowledge and information when appropriate.
- Recommends ways to develop specific job skills, effective workplace behavior and assistance in planning a career path or next steps.
- Provides resources to the Mentees such as business plans or facilitates introductions.
- Participates in Mentor/Mentee individual or group meetings and activities at agreed upon intervals.
- Maintains contact with Program Coordinator to discuss progress and provides feedback.
- Agrees to continue relationships with Mentees at the conclusion of the program, if possible.
ROLE OF A MENTEE
- Participates in all Mentor/Mentee activities.
- Commits to open and honest communication; listens to others.
- Shares goals and expectations with their Mentor.
- Develops mutually beneficial relationships with Mentors and other Mentees.
- Gives as well as receives feedback; seeks as well as shares information to gain knowledge, skills and insights from both Mentors and other Mentees.
- Open to future contact with Mentors and other Mentees.
- Will not engage in solicitation for personal benefit or advancement.
HAPL MENTOR PROGRAM GUIDANCE (suggestions only)
- Mentor will have the flexibility to appropriately personalize his/her own program.
- Mentor and Mentee should make contact at least once every 45 days.
- Mentors encouraged to introduce Mentees to a variety of seasoned and accomplished professionals within the industry, and to attend HAPL events with Mentees.
At the conclusion of the program, all participants will be asked to participate in a survey based on their role as a Mentor or a Mentee. Feedback will guide future program content and potential expansion. The goal is to ensure that the mentoring program meets the expectations of the participants and provides a quality, meaningful experience for both the Mentors and Mentees.
Mentor/Mentee relationships may continue unofficially at the participants’ discretion. Access and limits will be established by each Mentor based on their availability and other preferences.