This location sold out....seats still available at the West and North Houston venues!
The Houston Association of Professional Landmen
39th ANNUAL TECHNICAL WORKSHOP
Thursday, April 24, 2008
HAPL's annual Technical workshop will again be broadcast live from the offices of Haynes & Boone LLP in downtown Houston. The workshop is broadcast over the internet to multiple workshop sites set up by local landman associations. The HAPL utilizes Webex's web-based system which broadcasts streaming video and audio over the internet. At the conclusion of each presentation attendees are given the opportunity to ask the speaker questions. Prior to the workshop, workshop registrants will be instructed how they can download copies of the individual presentations.
• Financing for Oil and Gas Companies – An overview of the different levels of capital financing opportunities and how they fit with companies of different sizes.
• Master Limited Partnerships - Overview of issues revolving around MLP’s.
• Unconventional Gas Plays - A basic overview of the geology and engineering aspects of the Barnett Shale trend.
• Ethics - A presentation that will provide opposing viewpoints behind the push towards landman licensing.
• Producing Property Acquisitions/Divestitures – A basic overview of the different valuation methods employed today.
• Competitive Bidding Strategies – A presentation that demonstrates how to place bids online and ways to approach the sealed bid process.