Date: Saturday, June 7, 2014
Time: 5:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. - No Check-In Required
Cost: $75.00 per person for H.A.P.L. Members; $125.00 for Non- H.A.P.L. Members 19 y.o. and above; $75.00 per person 18 years and younger (HAPL Member or not) - Lunch included with your Entry Fee (starting at 1:00 p.m.)
Prizes: Cash Prizes for Trout, Slot Redfish, Tagged Bull Redfish and Big Fish; plus Door Prizes
Questions: Call Jerry Niekamp at 713-252-1457 or Ed Gorden at
Place: West End Marina in the Sea Isle Subdivision, Galveston, Texas.
Entry Deadline: ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 21, 2014. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR.
Rules and Regulations:
1. All local, state and federal, coast guard and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department regulations and laws apply at all times during the tournament.
2. Professional fishing guide(s), commercial and professional fishermen and anyone who has guided for compensation during the last twelve (12) months are not eligible to compete in the tournament. You may hire a guide, but the guide’s catch is not allowed and there is no swapping or trading of fish between contestants and/or guide.
3. The tournament format shall be as follows:
a. Only speckled trout and redfish and “Big Fish” (defined below) will be accepted for weigh-in. The format includes a “Trout Category” (only 3 legal speckled trout per entrant), a “Bull Redfish” Category, (which is one bull red which must be ‘tagged’), “Slot Redfish” Category (maximum of 2 legal slot redfish between 20” - 28”), and a “Big Fish” Category, which can be any legal fish, except speckled trout or redfish.
b. Tournament fishing hours are from 5:00 a.m. (no check-in required) to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 7, 2014. Legal Fish may be weighed-in on Saturday until 2:00 p.m. No weigh-ins will be accepted after 2:00 p.m. (unless you are in the weigh-in line at 2 p.m.). Each contestant may weigh-in a total of 3 Speckled Trout, 2 Slot Redfish, 1 Bull Redfish (tag must be properly attached) and 1 "Big Fish" caught during the tournament. In the event of a tie, the earliest weighed-in wins, so make sure you have the weighmaster indicate weigh-in time. Guides may be hired but the guide’s catch is not allowed. There is no trading or swapping of fish by any Entrant. Fish cannot be culled once they are weighed in. The tournament is based on an individual’s catch, not on a team. Weigh-in is at the Sea Isle Bait Camp at the Marina in Sea Isle. The cash purse shall be split equally between the four categories, (being the Trout category, the Slot Redfish category, the Bull Redfish category and Big Fish category), and will be divided as follows for each category:
TROUT SLOT REDFISH BULL REDFISH BIG FISH
1st - 50% 1st - 50% 1st - 50% 1st - 50%
2nd - 30% 2nd - 30% 2nd - 30% 2nd - 30%
3rd - 20% 3rd - 20% 3rd - 20% 3rd - 20%
- Contestants must fill out, sign and return the RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT furnished with these rules in order to be eligible to participate in the tournament and such agreement shall be considered the Tournament Entry Form.
5. ENTRY DEADLINE IS MAY 21, 2014. ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 21, 2014. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR-PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE ENTERING!!!
6. The official weigh-in station is at Sea Isle Bait Camp at the West End Marina in the Sea Isle Subdivision. Tournament Officials (Ed and Jerry) have the final say as to compliance/weigh-ins/winners. Failure to follow the rules results in disqualification. In the event a Category is not “fully placed” (i.e.-for instance only 2 places are weighed in for that Category), the monies as to that Category will be split equally between the existing winners in that Category.
7. All contestants assume any and all risks to their safety throughout the tournament. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON!!! This Tournament benefits the HAPL to help support the HAPL. Should a hurricane occur, the tournament date will be moved.
Fill out the entry form below and return it along with a check payable to the HAPL. Mail to Jerry Niekamp at 1223 Augusta #31 Houston, TX 77057
WE NEED SPONSORS!!! IF YOU CAN SPONSOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE SEND A CHECK PAYABLE TO THE H.A.P.L. TO J. NIEKAMP AT 1223 AUGUSTA, #31, HOUSTON, TEXAS 77057